Simple Banana Bread
This post is sponsored and may contain affiliate links, please read my disclosure policy.
I don’t know about you but I know there are certain things I just grew up having. Enchiladas were one of them ( every Saturday my mom would cook them from scratch) Turkey and ham at Thanksgiving, and usually some type of chicken for dinner. As I started to raise my own family I knew there would carry that same traditions into my own home.
So somewhere along the way, banana bread became on of our things, just like my mom had her things. To me, theres nothing like a warm piece of banana bread to keep you in between lunch and dinner.
It’s also the perfect little breakfast item to have along with a glass of your favorite iced coffee.
Here’s my favorite banana bread recipe adapted from one of my favorite cookbooks! A must if you love collecting cookbooks like I do! You learn the basic recipe and then you adapt it to fit your taste buds and family!
A simple and delicious banana recipe perfect for breakfast or an after work/school snack. Make sure you use your ripest bananas for the best results!
- 1 stick salted butter, soften or melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1-2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, beat together the bananas, butter, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla with the paddle attachment until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients and beat just until combined. Don't over beat!
- Pour the batter into the 8x8 pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Let the bread cool slightly in the pan on a rack. Slice and serve warm with butter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 16
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
It came out perfectly! This one was the most successful bread for me! Thanks!