This post is sponsored by World Market. All opinions are mine and are in compliance with FTC rules. This post contains affiliate links.
Potato salad is THE essential side for any family BBQ. I’m not sure how it is with your family, but our potato family recipe goes back decades and generations. The same ingredient, same portions and the same results, perfectly cream potato salad to accompany your grilled deliciousness! But what happens if you…want to try a NEW recipe?!? Will you be the laughing stock of your family or the new hero who changed up the game? Well I’m not one to take risks, haha but this grilled red potato salad is already crowd approved and will basically knock your socks off. With a few specialty ingredients from your local Cost Plus World Market this red potato salad will be your new favorite.
I started off by picking up a few ingredients from my local Cost Plus World Market. If your looking for some unique items to add to your recipes I would suggest taking a little time to browse their food market for some fun stuff!
To start with this recipe I chopped up about 2lb of red potatoes into squares and tossed them with black pepper, salt, Old Bay seasoning and olive oil. Then I baked them on high at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes.
After the potatoes with done, I set aside about 1/2 of them for grilling! This gives the potato salad a nice smokey flavor that I love! Just simply move 1/2 of them onto a grilling sheet like this one from World Market and grill for about 15 minutes on medium heat. Remove and let them cool!
While the potatoes are cooling a bit, you can get started on the dressing! The secret sauce to this recipe is using a combo of salad cream and mayo! Salad cream is a very european condiment that is hard to come across in the states and has more vinegar then oil, making it less stable than mayo! So it’s perfect for something a bit more smooth and creamy! Plus I like the taste.
In a small bowl add the following:
The Slap Ya Mama seasoning is really up to you! If you don’t like spicy food then you can skip it, but if you do, then kick it up a notch! Set the dressing aside! Can we just talk about how cute these measuring cups are! They even have a matching set of teaspoons to go along with them!
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is the bacon bits! To my surprise Cost Plus World Market has this delicious uncured applewood smoked bacon and it’s fully cooked! So all you need to do is warm it up on the stove top under medium heat and you will get some delicious crispy bacon! Cut it up using a good chef’s knife along with your red onions and boiled eggs!
Once that’s done it’s time to assemble the salad! Pour all your baked and grilled potatoes into a bowl. This one features a beautiful tie-dye interior that is perfect for your summer crowd! Then add your chopped ingredients, and your dressing!
Give it a great toss and mix!
Sprinkle a healthy amount of smoked paprika for that final pop of color and flavor. It’s also good to know that this potato salad is actually BEST when served warm! So don’t be afraid to dig in right away!
I served up a small crowed using some of my favorite outdoor and dining entertainment pieces from World Market! I’m in LOVE with blue this summer and guess what? So is Cost Plus World Market! Shop all my favorite items below!
My local store in Phoenix is always suggesting new thing to try when it comes to their food and drink selections! My associate was so excited to tell me about the Slap Ya Mama seasoning! We both kept saying it over and over! ha! Check out your local store this summer for your own unique summer grilling recipe! You never know, it might be a hit!
Grilled Red Potato Salad
- 3 pounds of small red potatoes
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Old Bay Seasoning to Taste
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 boiled eggs peeled and cooled
- 4 slices of smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Creamy Salad Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning Slap Ya Mama
- 3 teaspoons of Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- Sprinkle of Smoked Parprkia
- Chopped Fresh Chives for Garnish
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Toss with olive oil, Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 450 degrees.
- After potatoes are tender. Transfer 1/2 of them onto a grill sheet and grill on medium for 15 minutes or until tender and has a smokey taste! Let potatoes cool to touch.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, combine mayo, salad cream, mustard and cajun seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- After that, fry the bacon until crisp; remove and set aside. Once it has cooled, chop it up along with the boiled eggs and red onion.
- Pour all the potatoes in a bowl and add dressing,chopped onions, eggs and bacon. Combine gently!
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on top.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper and salad cream as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.