Did I ever tell you guys about the time I wanted to be a cupcake maker? It was right around the time when the cupcake craziness happened. 2005-2006ish. There were cupcake shops everywhere. I found myself in the kitchen all day sometimes expermenting with different cupcakes. I even took a cake baking class at a local craft store so that I would better my skills. (Totally recommended by the way, I still use those skills today;0) But anyway it was short lived because I soon learned that everyone wanted cupcakes on the weekend and well I like my weekends:0)
But I never lost my love for baking. During one of those classes I learned how to make amazing meringue buttercream along with a perfect birthday party buttercream. So when it came time to try out some of variations of that birthday buttercream I knew International Delights creamers would come in handy this month. It’s SUPER easy to do because all you need to do is substitute the milk for the creamer. I even added a little more because I’m fun like that. But what you have at then end is a wonderful flavored frosting perfect for cakes, cupcakes and even brownies!
For this variation I added a store bought chocolate fudge to the side of the piping bag to get a beautiful swirl affect. But the main recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients. Butter, powdered sugar, creamer and vanilla.
The possiblites are ENDLESS with creamers like this and the flavors are amazing!!!!
- 1 cup soft salted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of Salted Caramel Creamer International Delight
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Fudge Frosting (optional)
- In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix the butter until fluffy. Mix on low speed and add the sugar cup by cup until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3-5 minutes until well blended.
- Add vanilla and coffee creamer and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute. You can add more cream if needed for spreading consistency that you desire!
- To add the two tone effect. Take your piping bag and with a knife spread the dark fudge onto the side of the bag.
- Fill the rest of the bag with the Salted Caramel Frosting and pipe the cupcakes by cutting off the end of the bag.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.