Can you believe this? My pumpkins, dressed up like fruit? I mean I know it’s mid October and it’s 90 degress outside. I know you could probably dip your toes in the pool right now and sip a pina colada. But we can’t have our pumpkins doing this. It’s pumpkin season and well, we need our pumpkins to do pumpkin things!!:0)
I had a great time dressing up my pumpkins for the Michael’s #TrickYourPumpkin Sweepstakes going on right now! Below you can find out how I dressed up these pumpkins in fruity costumes and also see how YOU can enter your own creative pumpkin to win a $250 gift card to our favorite craft store ever!
This is a pretty easy project!
Your going to need the following to make one orange, one apple and one pineapple pumpkin.
- Design Master Spray Paint in Yellow, Tangerine and Carnation Red
- 3 Different Size Pumpkins from Michael’s
- 1 Green Glitter Cardstock
- 2 Green Cardstock in Green and Light Green
- First spray each pumpkin with coordinating color. Each pumpkin needs two coats for a beautiful finish. Allow to dry.
- Next take your glitter paper and cut out two leaves about 3.5 inches long.
- For the pineapple top cut out 8 long leaves about 8 inches tall. Then cut out a 3in x12 in piece of glitter paper. Then hot glue the leave on the inside of the glitter paper at different heights. (pictured below)
- After that seal the ends of the of each side with glue to make a top. Curl out the leaves with your fingers.
- Place the pineapple leaves on top of the yellow pumpkin and secure it on top with hot glue.
- Take the other two leaves and secure them on top of the apple and orange with hot glue as well.
Are you ready to #trickyourpumpkin!
Crafters just like you are invited to submit their pumpkin creations via Instagram any time between Oct. 4 through 31 for a chance to win a $250 Michaels gift card and Plaid products each Friday throughout the month of October! Just use the hashtags #TrickYourPumpkin and #sweepstakes and tag @MichaelsStores to enter!
Just Destiny Mag is a Michaels Makers and may have received trade, product or payment in exchange for my participation. All opinions are mine.