Disney Jr. Sofia the First Party

A couple of months ago I threw my little girl a Disney Jr. Sofia the First birthday party. If your not familiar with Sofia the First,she is the newest Disney princess who became a princess over night. When her mother Miranda marries King Roland, she inherits a step family that includes a sister, Amber and a brother, James. Her step father gives her a magic amulet that allows her to speak to animals, but the family sorcerer, Cedric can’t wait to get his hands on it. It’s Alivya’s favorite show right now and she just can’t get enough of it. So when it came time to plan her birthday I knew she would love this theme.

Disney Sofia the First Birthday Party Theme

I try to keep my parties as simple as possible. Depending on how you throw your OWN parties this might seem over the top or under the top:0) But with semi-homemade party décor and treats, it came together without too much stress.

Disney Sofia the First Birthday Party

These beautiful pompom are from Petite Party Studio and they are WONDERFUL. I  wanted an ombre effect so I started off with white on the right and made my way to dark purple on the end. I used some fishing wire to hang them up and hooks to keep them in place. It’s one of my FAVORITE things about the entire party. Besides her cute little face of course. The pompoms are super easy to work with. They have them in all different colors so make sure you go check out the selection! SO many cute things in this shop. If your in the Phoenix area the have a shop in Glibert so make sure you check them out! Rebecca is SO cute..her hair, the cutest!  You can find them on Facebook too!

The cake was handmade by myself using some techniques that I picked up when I thought I wanted to become a cake decorator/cupcake maker/ baker:0) Those skill stuck with me and it’s pretty cool to be able to bust out some buttercream roses on the whim!

DisneyJr.

Sofia the First Disney Jr.

Birthday Party Food

Easy finger fruits were served in cups and croissant sandwiches were perfect for little hands too!

Purple Ombre Sofia the First Party-Great Ideas from A Place for Us Blog

You can find the semi homemade recipe to those ombre sugar cookies here.

Check out this pretty purple collection I made for you guys. Resources below!

Disney Sofia the First Birthday Party

I love being able to make memories with pretty themes!

Sofia the First Birthday Party Cake Idea

Have you heard of this newest Disney princess? Will you be throwing your own Sofia the First Party?

The following two tabs change content below.

Destiny is the founder of Just Destiny Mag, an online publication that focuses on home living and lifestyle. She is a native of the beautiful state of Arizona where she raises her beautiful children right along side with Mr.Right. She believes her destiny is so related with everything beautiful and that those beautiful things can come in experiences, food, fashion, family, photography and laughter to make a beautiful life!

Latest posts by Destiny (see all)

27 Comments on Disney Jr. Sofia the First Party

1. Heather
    April 28, 2013 at 7:01 am (2 years ago)

Such a fun party! My daughter would love this!

2. Crystal
    April 28, 2013 at 9:32 am (2 years ago)

My daughter loves Sofia the First so I had to show this to her, she loved it! Her favorite are the roses on the cake! :)

• Destiny
      May 6, 2013 at 12:36 pm (1 year ago)

Yeah!! That’s awesome you SHOWED her!:0) Those roses were a labor of love for sure and I bet her mamma would be more than happy to make some for her party;0)

3. Tiffany
    April 28, 2013 at 11:13 am (2 years ago)

So pretty! LOVE it!

4. Andrea Worley
    April 28, 2013 at 2:09 pm (2 years ago)

Such a beautiful party! lovin the ombre!

• Destiny
      May 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks friend!

5. Shannon
    April 28, 2013 at 9:35 pm (2 years ago)

OMG this is the cutest!!!! And I am quite impressed with your cake making skills!!!

• Destiny
      May 6, 2013 at 12:37 pm (1 year ago)

Ha! Thanks! They do come in handy around birthday season!

6. Monica
    April 29, 2013 at 6:31 am (2 years ago)

You rock! her birthday was beautiful (love the color too) and I am a big Disney fan. Worked for them several years ago when I lived in Florida. I find many of your ideas can be used for any theme so keeping this post to reference to. Have a great week.

• Destiny
      May 6, 2013 at 12:33 pm (1 year ago)

Happy you liked it Monica!Can’t believe you worked for Disney! What did you do?

7. Carol Ann
    April 29, 2013 at 10:25 am (2 years ago)

Oh my! Those eyelashes! She, and the party, are perfectly adorable.

• Destiny
      May 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you!

8. Sarah McKenna
    April 30, 2013 at 11:32 am (2 years ago)

I LOVE this party! Purple makes my heart soar, and your family is just the most beautiful ever!! I love it whenever your husband peeks into pictures of your kids because he looks so joyful and thrilled to be a dad! :)

• Destiny
      May 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm (1 year ago)

Awww! Your so sweet Sarah! I can proudly say…he really does love being with us crazies:0) xoxo

9. Theresa @DearCreatives
    May 2, 2013 at 1:24 pm (1 year ago)

First visit to your site & just had to say your princess is adorable & I love purple the party looks like i t was so much fun! Found you via your Google+ & liking my page. Dropping by to say hi & thank you. Come link up your projects any time @ my link party! Off to look at some more of your projects. Going to add you social media sites & on twitter & hope we can connect more.

• Destiny
      May 6, 2013 at 12:29 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks for visiting! Glad to know Google+ is somehow working:0) Nice to meet you!

10. Kristin
    May 4, 2013 at 8:07 am (1 year ago)

Came ot you from IC today. Love your cart in the boys room! I popped on this post and did NOT know there was a NEW Disney Princess! My girls are 10 and 13 so that explains it :)
    I just had to say your daughter is such a cutie!!! And great disclaimer–this may or may not be a “simple, easy” party depending on what you normally do-HA! I’ll be checking in some more!

• Destiny
      May 6, 2013 at 12:29 pm (1 year ago)

LOL! I know right! Seriously I’ve been to so many different types of parties, I guess the less stress you have come party day the “easier” it is! lol! Thanks for visiting Kristin! Hope to see you again!

11. Kristina
    May 10, 2013 at 5:14 pm (1 year ago)

one of the cutest parties ever! your daughter is one lucky little lady! Definitely going to be borrowing some of these ideas for my little one :)

Thanks for sharing!

12. Sara-Jayne
    May 28, 2013 at 3:45 am (1 year ago)

I love the party! So elegant..your daughter is lucky! I want to throw oneformy son, he adores Sofia!

• Destiny
      May 29, 2013 at 8:23 am (1 year ago)

My boys like Sofia too:0) They pretend like their not watching but I see them and plus they know all the songs:0)

13. Anne Kennedy
    June 4, 2013 at 12:52 pm (1 year ago)

Beautifully put together! Great inspiration for my daughter’s party.

14. Kim @ The Celebration Shoppe
    July 15, 2013 at 7:19 am (1 year ago)

What a darling party Destiny! And your little girl is just beautiful! LOVE the entire display. And I’m sure your little one did too! :)

15. Rosiee
    September 22, 2013 at 12:29 am (1 year ago)

We are having a sofia the first birthay theme for my daughter (: i was really interested in the candy bags you had& the cupcake holders. Could you perhaps let me know where you purchased them ? Ive looked at a couple websites & all sold out :( Thanks !!!! & i love the cake you made (:

16. Ann
    October 21, 2013 at 11:52 am (1 year ago)

Wow this is amazing! My daughter LOVES sofia too so her 5th b-day is Sofia themed. THanks for the awesome idea!

• Destiny
      October 30, 2013 at 8:48 am (1 year ago)

Thanks ANN!